Should you be concerned about intellectual property?
If you want to create long-term business value and better protect your business, then YES!
Increase your understanding of:
• How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ
• Why it’s important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark
• The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used
• What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter
• What the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid scams perpetrated by companies which request fees for services not required by the USPTO
Presented VIRTUALLY by Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Outreach - U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
You will need a computer that can connect to Zoom. We will send you the Zoom link via email the day before the event. If you do not have a computer that can connect to Zoom, you can call in by phone to listen to the audio portion of the event.
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC), Ground Floor