Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach - U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Should you be concerned about intellectual property?
If you want to create long-term business value and better protect your business, then YES!
Increase your understanding of:
• How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations
• Why it’s important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally
registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a trademark.
• The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
• What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and
issues a “cease-and-desist” letter.
• What the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid
scams perpetrated by companies which request fees for services not required
by the USPTO.
This event is free, but registration is recommended.
Visit us on facebook.com/flpbusiness and twitter.com/flpbusiness